UW-Madison Real Estate Club
Share This Page
The Real Estate Club is one of the largest student-run organizations on campus. Open to all UW-Madison graduate and undergraduate students, the club meets several times per semester to learn from a variety of guests. Speakers cover a wide range of topics including the real estate markets, development, REITs, green building, and industry trends.
In addition, the club organizes two national trips per year, usually in association with and sponsored by the Wisconsin Real Estate Alumni Association (WREAA). The study trips include tours of various real estate projects, presentations by real estate firms, and receptions with local alumni. Finally, the club assists members in obtaining internship and permanent positions through a resume book, job postings, and an annual real estate club career fair. Email the club presidents to join the mailing list for information about upcoming events.
Fall 2017 co-presidents:
Grady Capobianco (MBA 2018) email@example.com
John "Fordy" Gates (MBA 2018) firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2018 co-presidents:
Nick Brown (MBA 2018) email@example.com
Bethany Corbae (MBA 2018) firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about past real estate club study trips:
- Seattle, WA - Spring 2017
- Atlanta, GA - Fall 2016
- Denver, CO - Spring 2016
- Washington D.C. - Fall 2015
- Austin, TX - Spring 2015
- New York, NY - Fall 2014
- Miami, FL - Fall 2013
- Dallas, TX - Spring 2013
- San Francisco, CA - Fall 2012
- Boston, MA - Spring 2012
- New York, NY - Spring 2011
- Los Angeles, CA - Spring 2010
Other activities include:
The Real Estate Club also presents its Innovator Award each semester to recognize outstanding individuals who have made a creative mark on the real estate industry. Recipients of the award include:
- Richard Saltzman, President and CEO, Colony Northstar
- Nicholas Billotti, Chief Executive Officer, Turner International
- Laurence Geller, President and CEO, Strategic Hotels and Resorts
- David Brain, President and CEO, Entertainment Properties Trust
- Hersch Klaff, Managing Director, Klaff Realty
- Michael Ashner, Chairman and CEO, Winthrop Realty Trust
- Doug Frye, President and Chief Executive Officer, Colliers International
- Gary Beban, Senior Executive Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis Inc.
- Jay Shidler, Founder and Managing Partner, The Shidler Group
- Marc Holliday, CEO, SL Green Realty
- Michael Toolis, Chairman & CEO, VOA Associates, Inc.
The executive leadership of the real estate club transitions every semester. There are many opportunities to get involved with the real estate club. For information, please visit the UW Real Estate Club homepage.
Club dues: $100 for the year or $60 for the semester.