Student Consulting Program Information
Each year, many of our students participate in highly enriching consulting projects through our Consumer Insights Consulting Practicum class. Student consultants work on a research project for a company throughout this course, gaining valuable real-world business knowledge. These projects deeply enhance each student’s experience, which benefits their resumes and allows them to apply their academic expertise to actual business situations.
Recent examples of A.C. Nielsen Center student applied-learning projects
- Qualitative research for a new product development firm
- Online research for a marketing research provider
- Tracking research for a local financial institution
- Research into the audience composition of public and non-profit media
- Evaluating the effectiveness of state-of-the-art measurement tools
- Academic marketing research for faculty members
Student Consulting Requirements
All A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research students are considered for consulting projects. Projects are awarded based on merit. The Center's selection criteria include undergraduate GPA, GMAT score, TOEFL score (for international students), essays, and personal interviews.
100% of our students over the past eight years have received financial assistance if desired. Learn More »