After four years in Corporate America, I knew that I needed to change in my career. I had tremendous opportunities where I grew both personally and professionally. I even grew a few sizes in all my clothes… However, my checking and savings were only getting smaller. I knew that I wanted to move into marketing and be able to make enough money to not have to live paycheck to paycheck. I knew that going back to school would require sacrifices, for all four of us, but it would be worth it. This was a big decision for our family.
I did a lot of research and spoke with a lot of alums and current students of various universities.
I’d like to share four reasons why I chose Wisconsin:
- Best Marketing Research MBA program in the world.
- Being a member school of the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, a diversity network.
- The finances—best ROI, especially with a family.
- Connections to great marketing companies.
Now that I am in my second year, let me tell you why I am glad I came here:
- The people. The staff, the students, the alums. These people will move mountains to help you out. People are genuinely interested in your success. We are a family.
- The education both in and outside the classroom has been outstanding. Opportunities to lead student organizations or lunch-and-learns about Mormonism (my religion)—the sky is the limit.
- The external Advisory Board. This week alone, I have calls with marketing executives in various industries to catch up on my summer internship.
- Madison is a great community.
Wisconsin is a great place to further your career, grow, and meet incredible people along the way. Finding the right fit is critical. Visiting campuses and talking to current students as well as alumni will give you a glimpse of what that school is like. For me, the best fit for my family and me was Wisconsin. And I have never looked back.