The Wisconsin MBA application will feature new essays for the Class of 2020 application. We hope to learn more about your unique narrative through the essay questions.
The Required Essay Question
What motivates you to pursue your MBA at Wisconsin at this point in your career? What actions have you taken to understand your selected career specialization, and why is this the best fit? What do you hope to do professionally after graduating with a specialized MBA from the Wisconsin School of Business?
While are aren’t changing our essay question that significantly from the last application cycle, please make sure that you’re answering each of the questions in full. Doing show indicates an attention to detail and provides more depth to your business school application.
The Recommended Essay Questions
- Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world. How has this experience transformed you?
- Describe an ethical dilemma you experienced at work. What decisions did you have to make and what was the outcome?
- What personal achievement are you most proud of and why?
- What knowledge and skills have you developed over the years that will help you succeed in the Wisconsin MBA Program and your future career?
- How have you adapted to a different culture or how have you helped to create an inclusive culture at work?
The recommended essay questions allow the admissions committee a peek into your personality, and help us round out your qualifications as a potential MBA candidate. You have the option to complete one of these essay prompts. Please make sure you indicate which essay question you will be answering.
The Optional Essay Question
Please use this optional essay to communicate additional information about yourself that is not represented in the application you feel would benefit the admissions committee.
Applicants can utilize this space to share any additional information with the admissions committee. Oftentimes, applicants have addressed lower GMAT scores, gaps in employment, or poor undergraduate academic performance through this essay question. Applicants can also use this space to explain awards they’ve received or professional distinctions of importance.
For those of you looking to apply in the fall, I hope this helps give you a jump start on compiling your application materials. The application for the Class of 2020 will be available September 1, 2017. To view the rest of our application requirements, please see our website here.