From innovative learning experiences to a milestone anniversary, the Wisconsin School of Business has had an exciting year. Here's a look at some of our top stories from 2017 based on readership.
- Transforming Space, Transforming Learning: The WSB Learning Commons
WSB's new dynamic, cutting-edge learning environment will reimagine the student experience through a design that emphasizes creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication.
- Yes, We Are a Named Business School
Ten years ago, a group of innovative alumni joined together to invest $85 million to not name the business school. So became the name "Wisconsin School of Business"—along with a deep impact on the School and its programs.
- Inside Entrepreneurship: Exact Sciences CEO Kevin Conroy on Perseverance and Perspective
Business executive Kevin Conroy shared leadership lessons with Wisconsin MBA students as he talked about guiding a company through a product launch as part of the M. Keith Weikel Speaker Series.
- Global Marketing Officer Ann Mukherjee Shares Lessons in Life and Leadership
Leadership is about authenticity, not credentials, says Weikel speaker Ann Mukherjee. "We are who we are because of our experiences."
- NPR Business Correspondent Facilitates Discussions, Adds Perspective
Yuki Noguchi of National Public Radio visits the WSB community as Business Writer in Residence.
- WSB’s Risk and Insurance Recognized as Global Center of Insurance Excellence
The GCIE designation acknowledges outstanding risk management and insurance programs.
- Jan Heide’s Pioneering Research Took the Business-to-Business Relationship from Niche to Mainstream
Professor Jan Heide's scholarship crossed disciplines and changed the landscape of marketing research.
- Students Tackle Real-World Data in WSB’s First Hackathon
Supply chain students dig into company data through a collaboration with Kimberly-Clark and IBM.
- Brand Training for CPG Companies Puts Students in the Driver’s Seat
Real-world simulator gives Business Badgers the competitive edge as they experience a day-in-the-life of a brand manager.
- The Compass Approach Adds New Meaning to Wisconsin BBA Degree
Wisconsin’s "Compass Approach" ensures that every undergraduate business student participates in personal and professional development opportunities that instill core foundational skills.
- Technology for Refugees Earns WSB Students a Spot in International Hult Prize Competition
A four-member student team designed a platform to help refugees access local resources and pitched their design at the International Hult Competition.
- An Entrepreneurial Tradition, WSB Business Plan Competition Relaunches
The Business Plan Competition helps launch promising student-run startups while building a network of entrepreneurs.