Share This Page
The Wisconsin School of Business hosts several visiting scholars each year. All applicants for Visiting Scholar status must provide the following information:
- A detailed research plan
- The length of visit (be specific) – appointments are not granted beyond one year
- Certification of all degrees completed
- Statement of research record including copies of publications
The faculty sponsor is responsible for the following:
- Collaborating on the research throughout the visit
- Helping to coordinate Visiting Scholar’s presentation or guest lecture
- Introduction of the Visiting Scholar to faculty
Visiting Scholar status is granted based on your qualifications, the purpose of your visit, whether or not we can find a faculty member in the same area of expertise to sponsor you, and on the above-mentioned documentation.
If an appointment is granted by the department, the department should contact Nancy Andrews , HR Coordinator for details on J-1 Visa Processing.
Human Resources telephone: 608-262-1554
Mailing address: 975 University Avenue, Room 5252 Grainger Hall, Madison, WI 53706
An international visitor who wishes to enter the U.S. as a J-1 exchange visitor must have at least a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with extensive experience in the relevant field of research and intend to engage in a full-time program of collaborative research on the Madison campus. They will usually be working on their own research.