Veterans and Active-Duty Military Personnel
Share This Page
As a Yellow Ribbon School, Wisconsin is one of the best schools for veterans. In fact, the state of Wisconsin offers its own GI Bill
, which remits the remaining tuition that your Post 9/11 GI Bill does not cover. For example, if you are only eligible for 40% of the Post 9/11 GI Bill, the state will pay the remaining 60% of the tuition not covered. For the Wisconsin GI Bill, the veteran must have been a Wisconsin resident at the time of entry into active duty or who have established and maintained status as a Wisconsin resident for at least 5 consecutive years immediately preceding the beginning of any semester or session.