Wisconsin School of Business | Business Plan Competition
Share This Page
The WSB Business Plan Competition helps students to develop their venture ideas in a supportive learning environment. Students registering for the event receive targeted entrepreneurship resources to more fully develop their business models and to pitch more effectively. Area entrepreneurs, investors, and nonprofit leaders evaluate students plans and presentations to determine whether teams present a credible plan of action to build an organization capable of providing innovative products or services in the marketplace. Cash prizes and professional contacts can help students act upon their most promising ideas!
Competition days - public invited: April 26 and April 27, 2018. Program.
Competition Results 2018
Congratulations to our competition winners in 2018!
First Place - $4,000 and space from American Family Insurance's Starting Block
- Artility Medical – A medical device designed to diagnose and treat post- operative arrhythmias. Members: Matthew Knoespel, Connor Sheedy, Philip Terrien
Second Place - $2,000
- Safe Rotations, LLC – A one-piece non-invasive stabilizer that attaches to the needle end of insulin pens and syringes. Members: Shawn Michaels
Third Place - tie - $1,000 each
- G0 Thermal - A high-tech, low-cost polymer heat exchanger company. Members: Jake Boxleitner, Tom Mulholland
- Moonshot Learning, Inc. - An employer’s pipeline to fully-vetted talent. Members: Kyle Treige
- Pyran – Renewable chemicals for everyday plastics Members: Kevin Barnett
- Rebel Kombucha - A non-alcoholic, carbonated drink that is expertly flavored to pair with your favorite alcoholic beverages. Members: Meredith Rolen
Ways to Get Involved
- Judge student entries in the competition.
- Provide in-kind and financial support for the event and winners.
- Volunteer as a mentor for student ventures.
- Students: enter as a competitor or volunteer with the Business Plan Competition.
If you are interested in contributing your time or talent to the Business Plan Competition or have other questions about the event, please contact us for more information.
Currently, there are no upcoming scheduled events for this area. Please visit this page again soon, as we are constantly adding to and revising our event schedule. To see other events scheduled within the Wisconsin School of Business, please visit our main schedule. Thank you!