The WSB Business Plan Competition helps students to develop their venture ideas in a supportive learning environment. Students registering for the event receive targeted entrepreneurship resources to more fully develop their business models and to pitch more effectively. Area entrepreneurs, investors, and nonprofit leaders evaluate students plans and presentations to determine whether teams present a credible plan of action to build an organization capable of providing innovative products or services in the marketplace. Cash prizes and professional contacts can help students act upon their most promising ideas!
Registration: February 23, 2018
Business plan submissions: March 23, 2018
Pitch decks: April 20, 2018
Competition days: April 26 and April 27, 2018
Competition Results 2017
Congratulations to our competition winners in 2017! Download the competition program to learn more about the teams, their ideas, and the partners in the community that supported!
Top-placing teams include:
- Linectra in 1st place with its metal additive manufacturing system
- NovoMoto in 2nd place with its low-cost electrical system for use in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Pathogenomica in 3rd place with its microbial detection system
- U-Sit in 4th place with its innovative childcare service model
Runner's Up include:
- Kyncet with a smart collar for pets
- Railflyer with a low-cost rail service
- Atrility Medical with cardiac arrhythmia detection system
- Hitchpoint with consumer marketplace for weddings
Ways to Get Involved
- Judge student entries in the competition.
- Provide in-kind and financial support for the event and winners.
- Volunteer as a mentor for student ventures.
- Students: enter as a competitor or volunteer with the Business Plan Competition.
If you are interested in contributing your time or talent to the Business Plan Competition or have other questions about the event, please contact us for more information.