Appointments with Professional Staff
For the duration of the spring 2020 semester, all of our study abroad advising appointments will be conducted virtually. All appointments are still scheduled through Starfish. Your advisor will email you instructions for conducting the appointment in Microsoft Teams.
First, you should meet with a peer advisor during drop-in hours or attend one of our group advising sessions. If you have further questions, you may schedule an appointment with the Enrollment Specialist Advisor (ESA) for your top choice program through Starfish. There are two different advising roles at UW-Madison for
study abroad. At the WSB, our staff serve in both roles. These roles vary by program.
Prospective Study Abroad Students
ESAs can help you with:
- Application advising (online application, program-specific forms, etc.)
- Program eligibility questions (GPA and language requirements)
- Program selection
- Course Equivalency Requests (CER)
- Scholarship availability and applications
- Grade processing and transcripts
Our ESAs and their program portfolios are listed under the Wisconsin School of Business heading on the UW Study Abroad website.
Participants: Accepted and Returned Study Abroad Students
Your SAA can help you with:
- Applying to the host institution
- Visa and entry requirements
- Housing options
- Program course offerings and course equivalencies
- Health and safety abroad questions
- Student identity abroad
- Articulating your study abroad experience
- Cultural readjustment
- Staying involved in international activities on campus
- Volunteering with International Programs
You can schedule an appointment with your Study Abroad Advisor (SAA) through Starfish. You will find your SAA in your MyStudyAbroad portal under "Contacts." Our SAAs and their program portfolios are listed under the Wisconsin School of Business heading on the UW Study Abroad website.