A full explanation of grades and grading policies at UW-Madison can be found on the webpage for the Office of the Registrar. Typically, business professors provide students with feedback throughout the semester, which may include a preliminary grade on completed coursework, mid-terms, and participation. Your grade will depend on a variety of factors, which may include:
- Your participation in class
- Homework that you turn in on a regular basis
- Quizzes taken throughout the semester
- Formal presentations made in class (individually or as part of a group)
- Papers you write
- Two or three exams taken throughout the semester, including a final
If you are concerned with how your UW-Madison grades will transfer back to your home university, please check in with your exchange coordinator at your home university
After the semester ends, professors will report the grades to the Registrar’s Office, which will post them to your transcript. You may check your grades by logging into MyUW.
Once your final grades are posted, you will need to make a request online to send an official transcript to your home institution. Your official transcript will not be sent to your home institution if you do not complete this step.
Transcripts are free for all exchange students. You may choose from the following options:
- The Office of the Registrar will send a paper transcript to your home institution. Regular first-class mail is no cost. Express/courier mail is an extra fee.
- The Office of the Registrar will email a secure link to an official downloadable PDF transcript to a contact of your choice at your home institution.
If your home institution accepts PDF transcripts, we recommend this option. It will take just a few minutes for the request to process and your home institution will have immediate access to your official transcript!