Share This Page
Admitted BBA, Certificate in Business, Certificate in Entrepreneurship, and IMacc students have access to career advising services through the BBA Advising Center.
Who is my career advisor?
Should I schedule an appointment?
BBA students should schedule appointments with their Career Advisor to discuss in-depth questions including, but not limited to:
- Career exploration/assessment
- Job/internship search
- Networking/alumni contacts
- Interview prep
- Mock interviews
- Job offer/negotiation
During the fall and spring semesters, BBA students may also utilize drop-in hours with Career Peer Advisors for quick questions including:
- Resume/cover letter reviews
- Career fair prep
When can I come in?
Advising appointments can be scheduled online via Scheduling Assistant during regular office hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
Drop-in advising hours are scheduled as follows:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where should I go for my scheduled appointment?
3290 Grainger Hall
975 University Ave
Madison, WI 53705
Please check in at the front desk upon your arrival.
What should I prepare for my appointment?
In order to maximize the effectiveness of your advising appointment, please come prepared by reviewing the following in advance:
- Bring a list of topics and/or questions you would like to discuss during the appointment
- If you are having a resume, cover letter, or other application materials reviewed by an advisor, please bring an updated copy of the document(s) to your appointment
- If this is a follow-up appointment, reflect on progress made on any action steps previously discussed
- Come prepared to take notes!