Business Tax Basics for Small Business
This one Day program is your chance to learn about federal and state taxes including payroll, unemployment compensation and sales taxes. You will learn about the pros and cons of different entity types from both the legal and financial aspects.
Morning general session includes:
- Introduction to Payroll Taxes
- "Employee" vs "Independent Contractor" status
- Deposit requirements and how to make deposits
- Tax returns to file
- Workers compensation
- Choosing a form of business, pros and cons of legal business entities:
- Partnerships and LLC/LLP
- Sole Proprietorship
- S-Corp or C-Corp
The afternoon breakout sessions are based on your choice of business entity.
- Deductions to reduce taxes
- Tax forms & record keeping
- Home business
- Business use of a car
- Location: Grainger Hall, UW-Madison
- Schedule: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday, August 23, 2017 Register on line
or Call to register at 608-262-3909
- Fee: $95 ($299 value)
Thank you to our sponsors; Neider & Boucher, s.c., Porter& Sack, CPA's and the WI Dept. of Revenue. Without their generous support this program would cost participants $299.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
If there is inclement weather, please call 608-263-2221 for a recorded message after 6:30 am for day classes or after 3:30 pm for night classes.