INSPIRE Communication is the leadership link to employee and customer engagement.
What is INSPIRE Communication?
INSPIRE communication is a tool composed of seven words that generate proactive individual/team/and customer communication and collaboration. Beginning with the first word of the model, “Involvement” and ending with “excellence” each word is used as a guideline to generate specific behaviors that achieve positive individual and team results.
In this one-day class you will learn the INSPIRE (Involvement, Notice, Standards, Philosophy, I Can, Results, Excellence) model of communication and apply it to yourself and your team. You will review leadership styles and create your leadership philosophy. This class includes exercises that will help you create your own unique leadership vision.
In this class, you will:
- Understand the importance of employee engagement and the connection to a leadership vision.
- Be introduced to INSPIRE Communication as an approach for connecting your leadership vision to employee engagement.
- Learn from others while defining the process of a leadership vision.
- Create your individual INSPIRE leadership vision and process.
- Craft a future action plan for each INSPIRE word
- Present your Leadership model and get valuable feedback from your instructor and peers
- Learn how to sustain your leadership vision in the future
Simply put, Jim Walker creates connection; his leadership, employee, and customer engagement skills have been developed over a 30 year period working with large organizations like Coca-Cola, Pepsi Cola, mid-size start up organizations, Government, as well as family owned businesses. Jim is the creator of “INSPIRE Communication”; and uses the INSPIRE process to successfully connect organizational vision and process, with employee and customer expectations. Jim, and the INSPIRE process has a primary objective to synergize company and leadership strategy with the individual needs of employees and customers. Using the INSPIRE process as a guide; Jim also facilitates a powerful leadership workshop that enables current and potential leaders the opportunity to craft their individual vision for leading teams, while practicing the art of sharing a leadership vision.
- Location: Grainger Hall, UW-Madison
- Schedule: 8:30 am-4:00 pm
Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Fee: $259
November 16, 2017 REGISTER ONLINE
or Call to register at 608-262-3909
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
If there is inclement weather, please call 608-263-2221 for a recorded message after 6:30 am for day classes or after 3:30 pm for night classes.
Click here to learn more about our Leadership Certificate Program