Sponsoring Organizations and Committee Members: Chase-Kevin Huff, In Business Magazine-Jon Konarske, Madison Gas & Electric-Pam Christenson, Mid-West Family Broadcasting-Joe Daguanno, UW-Madison Small Business Development Center-Michelle Somes-Booher, WBD, Inc.- Diane Byler; State of Wis. Supplier Diversity Council-Godwin Amegashie.
The Dane County Small Business Awards (DCSBA) is now in its 35th year. The DCSBA celebrate small businesses and the contributions they make to our communities and economy. The 2017 awards breakfast will be held on June 27, 2017 at the Sheraton Madison Hotel.
Companies Recognized Annually
Each year in June, we recognize Dane County businesses that have excelled at meeting our award criteria. The award is given to the business, including all of the employees, not just the owners. We recognize the owner(s) have the vision and take the risk, but it is the teamwork of all the employees that makes a successful company.
Award winning companies are honored at a breakfast program attended by on average 250 people. In addition to recognizing the companies for their achievements, the awards breakfast has a keynote speaker, panel discussion or other informative and entertaining program. During the awards presentation each winner will share a life or business success tip with the audience. Each winning company receives an award that they will proudly display for their employees and customers.
Dane County Small Business Awards Organizers
The DCSBA is a collaboration of organizations that are also program sponsors. The program sponsors have worked together to develop the award criteria, award application process, award selections and award breakfast program and ceremony. The DCSBA sponsors contribute staff time to organize the awards and money to offset the program costs.
Sponsors of the Dane County Small Business Awards include:
Chase, Madison Gas & Electric Co., InBusiness Magazine, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, University of Wisconsin Small Business Development Center, and WBD Inc, State of Wis. Supplier Diversity Council.
- A successful for-profit company that has been in business for at least three years or 1-3 years for the emerging business award*
- A minimum of 3 full-time equivalent employees, including the owner
- Maintain a responsible and rewarding workplace environment
- Provide support (in-kind or financial) to their neighborhood and/or community
- Awards considered in the following sales/revenue categories: Less than $1 million; $1-5 million; $5-10 million; $10-20 million
- Can not be past award winners
*An emerging business award will be considered for a 1-3 year old company. Applicants in this category do not need to meet the minimum employee requirements.
We strive to recognize a mix of excellent small businesses that:
- Represent communities from throughout Dane County
- Includes minority-owned and women-owned firms
During the first quarter of the year, we solicit applications from as many sources in the community as possible. This includes emails to small businesses and those that provide services to small businesses, business and civic associations, advertisements on radio and in InBusiness ezine.
The application is on line with applications being accepted until April 8, 2017 .
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
CLICK HERE TO VIEW SAMPLE APPLICATION
REGISTER FOR AWARD BREAKFAST
Applications by employees and owners, minority and women-owned firms are encouraged.
Award Selection Process
- The application is on line and easy to submit and focuses on gathering information specifically in regard to measuring the company against the award criteria
- Only companies that submit an application are considered for an award
- An independent panel of judges reviews the award applications received and decides on the award winners.