Wisconsin Entrepreneurship Showcase
Share This Page
The fifth annual Wisconsin Entrepreneurship Showcase event took place on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at the Gordon Dining and Event Center. The Showcase provided an opportunity to learn from Wisconsin’s best entrepreneurs. Over 500 people attended the event. The featured speakers this year were:
- Kristen Berman (San Francisco, CA), Co-Founder Common Cents Lab and Irrational Labs. Previously Co-Founder of netNerds, Product Manager at QuickBooks Online, and Product Manager at Lytro.
- Alex Kubicek (Madison, WI), Founder & CEO, Understory, a venture backed company measuring weather directly at the earth's surface.
- Zach Halmstad (Eau Claire, WI): Founder, JAMF Software, Enterprise management of Apple devices.
- Brian Wiegand (Madison, WI): CEO and Co-Founder, Gravy. Previously Co-Founder of Bizfilings (acquired), Nameprotect (acquired); Jellyfish (acquired); Alice.com, Hopster (acquired).
The event also included an opportunity to network with 40 individuals that have an expertise in entrepreneurship. Experts included:
- Ben Albert, Upfront Healthcare Services
- George Arida, 30Ventures
- Mark Bakken, HealthX Ventures
- Scott Button, Venture Investors
- Forrest Crawford, Hometown Legal Services
- Rob Creighton, WindLift, LLC
- Dominic DiMarco, QBE Insurance
- Allen Dines, WISC Partners
- Bill Dougan, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Chris Eckstrom, Rock River Capital
- Rob Fea, Extract Systems
- Dan Gawronski, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- David Gee, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Tim Gill, Amazon.com
- Aaron Hagar, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. (WEDC)
- Jay Handy, SignalPoint Asset Management and Endsulin
- Lorrie Heinemann, Madison Development Corporation
- Alex Kubicek, Understory
- Nhi Le, gener8tor
- Alex Lindenmeyer, Short Stack Eatery
- Janet Loewi, Wisconsin Investment Partners
- Rock Mackie, Morgridge Institute for Research and University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Sarah Marty, Forward Theater Company, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Sinead McHugh, Short Stack Eatery
- John Neis, Venture Investors
- Luke Perkerwicz, AkitaBox
- John Philosophos, Great Oaks Venture Capital
- Paul Pucci, Aspect Software
- Dan Reed, American Family Ventures
- George Reid, Marathon Laundry Machines
- Scott Resnick, Hardin Design & Development and StartingBlock
- Liv Schreiber, Latico by Liv and DARTY LAUNDRY
- Harry Seidel, Therma-stor
- Matt Storms, AlphaTech Counsel, S.C.
- Tom Terry, ScheduleSoft Corporation
- Troy Vosseller, gener8tor, Sconnie Nation
- Krista Ward, Hooray Puree
- Dale Willis, Curate Solutions
- Taralinda Willis, Curate Solutions
- Praveen Yadav, SciArt
This event is sponsored by Entrepreneurs Paul Reckwerdt, Ellen Rosner, and made possible by the Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship, the Entrepreneurial Residential Learning Community (ERLC) and UW Housing.