Wisconsin Entrepreneurship Showcase
Share This Page
The 6th annual Wisconsin Entrepreneurship Showcase Event was held on Thursday, October 4, 2018. Approximately 550 people attended the Showcase this year. The event includes presentations from distinguished speakers and opportunities to network with local entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and experts in entrepreneurship.
The featured speakers included:
- Ryan Feit (New York, NY), Co-Founder of SeedInvest, an equity crowdfunding platform that opens access to venture capital and angel investing to everyone.
- Jennifer Lane & Priyanka Verma (Madison, WI), Co-Founders of Laquerus, a modern client-centric nail studio providing a more enjoyable experience.
- Richard Schulze (Naples, FL), Founder of Best Buy, now one of the largest multi-channel consumer-electronic retailers that employs over 145,000.
The event also includes an opportunity to network with over 35 individuals that have an expertise in entrepreneurship. Experts that appeared included:
- John Bialk, Quietyme
- Joe Camilli, Neider & Boucher, S.C.
- Dominic DiMarco, QBE Insurance
- Allen Dines, WISC Partners
- Elizabeth (Beth) Donley, Stemina/NeuroPointDX
- Bill Dougan, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Chris Eckstrom, Rock River Capital
- Max Fergus, Live Undiscovered Music
- Amy Gannon, Doyenne Group
- David Gee, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Peter Gunder, American Family Insurance
- Aaron Hagar, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Lorrie Heinemann, Madison Development Corporation
- Laura Heisler, WARF
- Chris Hornung, Sturbridge Capital
- Erik Iverson, WARF
- Greg Keenan, WARF
- Noah Kunin-Goldsmith, Facility Gateway Corporation
- Nhi Le, gener8tor
- Janet Loewi, Wisconsin Investment Partners
- Sarah Marty, Forward Theater Company, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Chris Meyer, Sector67
- Luke Perkerwicz, AkitaBox
- Paul Reckwerdt, Serial Entrepreneur
- Scott Resnick, Hardin Design & Development and StartingBlock
- Ellen Rosner, Indigo Moon
- Steve Royko, Peak Stone Group
- Sarah Sandock, Dock Technologies
- Richard Schulze, Best Buy
- Eric Schwartz, SARA Investment Real Estate
- Jon Seaton, Functionize
- Toni Sikes, CODAworx
- Michelle Somes-Booher, Small Business Development Center
- Laura Strong, Propagate Health
- Joe Sweeney, GrocerKey
- Paul Weiss, Venture Investors
Gordon Dining and Event Center
770 West Dayton Street
Madison, WI 53706
Doors opened at 5:15 p.m. The program started promptly at 6:00 p.m. and ended at 7:30 p.m. Networking continued until 8:30 p.m.
This event is sponsored by Entrepreneurs Paul Reckwerdt and Ellen Rosner, and made possible by the Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship, the StartUp Learning Community, and UW Housing.