Apply for the WAVE (MHR 738)
Spring 2017 Class
- You should have successfully completed a previous entrepreneurship course such as MHR 722 (Entrepreneurial Management), MHR 734 (Venture Creation), FIN 757 (Entrepreneurial Finance), or WEB.
- Have available a résumé or curriculum vita.
- Have available a start-up business idea or a desire to work on a team using someone else’s idea.
- Complete the form below and email it to the WAVE director at firstname.lastname@example.org (you will be contacted for a personal interview).
- Space is limited and priority will be given to students who are part of a larger team and have done well in other entrepreneurship classes.
WAVE application form
Deadline for Application: December 16, 2016
WAVE Program History
The Weinert Applied Ventures in Entrepreneurship (WAVE) class provides select students with an applied practicum in starting and growing entrepreneurial businesses. The practicum involves a weekly seminar, hands-on work on a start-up business, and interaction with local and national experts on a variety of topics important to the education of budding entrepreneurs. The class is open to University of Wisconsin-Madison graduate students from any major and is selective, requiring the consent of the instructor.
Students often use the WAVE program as a platform to determine the viability of and launch their own ventures. The Weinert Ventures Fund and Daniel Neviaser Fund are available to make significant investments (typically $50,000) in promising student startups. Several successful student ventures are currently adding vitality and employment growth to the U.S. economy. Click here to view start-up companies that have been funded to date.
The WAVE program is supported by an outstanding advisory board consisting of local leaders and entrepreneurs in several industries, including venture capital, legal services, biotechnology, IT, and consumer industries. These business leaders help provide overall direction to the program and also provide extensive coaching and support to WAVE students. Additionally, the advisory board represents the core of a business and social network that supports students during and after their time at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This network continues to grow and to become more useful with the addition of members of each year's graduating cohort and the support and involvement of people who have benefited from earlier WAVE projects.
The WAVE class will be offered spring term and interested students should contact the instructor (email@example.com) with any questions.
Photo Gallery Archive