The Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship piloted a weekly Distinguished Entrepreneurs Lunch program where local experts on entrepreneurship hold open office hours for all students on the UW campus. The sessions occurred during the lunch hour and were held most Wednesday afternoons during the fall and spring semesters.
The office hours were advertised to undergraduate and graduate students studying entrepreneurship across the campus, including business school students. Some students were freshmen and sophomores taking their first entrepreneurship course with us, others were quite advanced both in their academic training and business experience.
Our local entrepreneurs provided advice on a wide range of issues facing the students. Students also shared their ideas and got a chance to meet others from across campus who also had an interest in entrepreneurship.
We had a different entrepreneur each week.
Fall Semester 2013
- Sam Adams, Stealth Therapeutics
- Laurie Benson, Professional Training and Coaching
- Susan Healy, Ascendancy Advisors
- Ralph Kauten, Quintessence Biosciences, Inc
- Joe Kirgues, gener8tor
- Joe Kremer, Isomark
- Tyler Leeper, Brittingham Boats/Wingra Canoe & Sailing Center
- Neil Peters-Michaud, Cascade Asset Management
- Alec Slocum, Abodo.com
- Troy Vosseller, gener8tor, Sconnie Nation and Sconnie Beer
Spring Semester 2014
- Ankit Agarwal, Imbed Biosciences, Inc.
- Adam Braus, BankMyBiz.com
- Justin Hajny, Revolve Promotions/I’m Organic, LLC
- Chris Hornung, formerly of Pacific Cycle, Sturbridge Capital
- Katie Krueger, DoIT and lecturer for Marketing Department
- Mark Meester, Meester Capital, LLC
- Dawn Mortimer, American Family Insurance
- Justin Reed, C-Motive, Technologies
- Sarah Sandock, Dock Technologies
- Rich Schifreen, WARF
- Alisa Toninato, FeLion Studios and American Skillet Company
- Derrick Van Mell, Van Mell Associates
- Matt Younkle, Murfie
Thank you to all of the entrepreneurs who participated in our program during the academic year.
Photo Gallery Archive: