Today’s Innovation is Tomorrow’s Tradition
The inspiration for the Innovator Award is the long and distinguished tradition behind the real estate and urban economics program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. A rich history cannot be established without continuous improvement in ideas and in practice. We have been innovative in our teaching, in our research, and through the accomplishments of our alumni and practitioners – all dedicated to making a positive impact in our community and beyond. These award recipients embody the spirit of the Wisconsin real estate tradition in innovation.
The Innovator Award is generously sponsored by Walker & Dunlop. Read more about the gift here.
Spring 2018 Recipient –Robert White, President, Real Capital Analytics, Inc.
Robert M. White, Jr., CRE, is the Founder and President of Real Capital Analytics Inc., an international research firm that publishes the Capital Trends Monthly. Real Capital Analytics provides real-time data concerning the capital markets for commercial real estate and the values of commercial properties. The firm maintains offices in New York City, San Jose (CA), and London. It has about 800 clients, including the industry’s leading brokerage firms, institutional advisors, REITs, developers, foreign investors, and banks.
Mr. White is a noted authority on the real estate capital markets with credits in The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, The Economist, Forbes, The New York Times, and Financial Times, among others. In addition, he was named one of National Real Estate Investor magazine’s “Ten to Watch” in 2005, Institutional Investor’s “20 Rising Stars of Real Estate” in 2006, and Real Estate Forum’s “10 CEOs to Watch” in 2007. Previously, he spent 14 years in the real estate investment banking and brokerage industry and has orchestrated billions of commercial sales, acquisitions, and recapitalizations. He was formerly a managing director and principal of Granite Partners LLC and spent nine years with Eastdil Realty in New York and London.
Mr. White is a Counselor of Real Estate, a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and a Fellow of the Homer Hoyt Institute. He is also a member of numerous industry organizations and a supporter of academic studies. He is a graduate of the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia.
Past recipients of this award include:
- Nicholas Billotti, Chief Executive Officer, Turner International
- Laurence Geller, President and CEO, Strategic Hotels and Resorts
- David Brain, President and CEO, Entertainment Properties Trust
- Hersch Klaff, Managing Director, Klaff Realty
- Michael Ashner, Chairman and CEO, Winthrop Realty Trust
- Doug Frye, President and Chief Executive Officer, Colliers International
- Gary Beban, Senior Executive Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis Inc.
- Jay Shidler, Founder and Managing Partner, The Shidler Group
- Marc Holliday, Chief Executive Officer, SL Green Realty
- Michael Toolis, Chairman & CEO, VOA Associates, Inc.
- Richard Saltzman, CEO & President, Colony Capital, LLC