Applied Learning Sessions
Applied Learning sessions aim to supplement classroom experiences and provide students with opportunities to engage with classmates, alumni, and industry professionals. Activities include professional development workshops, site visits, executive roundtables, and student-led presentations on current topics in OTM. Applied Learning sessions are also a key component of specialized coursework and bring real-world experts from across industries into the classroom. During Fall Semester 2016, OTM students participated in the following sessions:
- August 28th, 2015 - Low Ropes Team Building Course, Adventure Learning Program
- September 1st, 2015 - Networking and Developing STAR Stories with Nichole Monzon, Career Coach
- September 8th, 2015 - All-student meeting with internship presentations by 2nd-year students
- September 11th, 2015 – The Art of Interviewing with Nichole Monzon, Career Coach
- September 13th, 2015 - Betty Lou Brunch Cruise on Lake Mendota
- September 22nd, 2015 - Amazon open hour especially for OTM students
- September 28th-October 2nd, 2015 - Mock Interviews with Erdman Center board members or alumni
- October 6th, 2015 - Lean Startup with Amit Bhatia (OTM ‘16), Aashish Khanna (OTM ‘16), and Eric Steege (American Family Ventures)
- October 8th, 2015 - Business Best Practices & Emerging Technologies Conference, UW E-Business Consortium
- October 30th, 2015 - Business Analytics session with Michael Schroeder (OTM 2012, Johnson & Johnson, Janssen Division, NJ) and Shaishav Singh (OTM 2015, Lands’ End, WI)
- November 12th, 2015 - Executive-Led Roundtable on Data Security with John Kreul, VP and CIO, Bemis Company; EC Board member
- November 13th, 2015 - Executive Advisory Board Meeting
- November 14th, 2015 - Erdman Center Alumni and Student Meeting
- December 8th, 2015 - OTM Student Roundtable
- December 18th, 2015 - Erdman Center Holiday Party
On September 8th, 2015, 2nd-year students shared their internship experiences with OTM 1st year students. Here is Jane Allen (OTM’16) talking about her Lands’ End Digital Marketing Internship.
On September 13th, students and faculty enjoyed a Betty Lou Brunch Cruise on Lake Mendota. Picture shows Professor Wemmerlöv and Professor Batt discussing the strategic priorities of the Lunch Cruise.
A group photo at the end of the Betty Lou Brunch Cruise on Lake Mendota.
On September 14, 2015, OTM student Jane Allen participated in the Wisconsin Ironman triathlon and successfully finished the race - thereby checking one of her life goals. Yet another amazing feat by one of our students. Read more about Jane's experience here
Welcome Class of 2017!
Top: Christopher Ramos, Luqman Punekar, Christopher Lilly, James Bukacek, Steven Merry, QI Zhang, Alexander Yampolsky
Bottom: Urban Wemmerlöv (Executive Director), Leah Wetzel, Lyn Alaily, Ali Briggs
We are excited to welcome Class of 2017 to the Erdman Center. The incoming class brings a diverse mix of undergraduate degrees and professional experiences, keeping OTM ‘well above average’!
Update on Class of 2016
Top: Jithin Chandran, Jane Allen, Kevin Kaye, Aashish Khanna, Siddarth Seshadri, Ridhima Choubey
Bottom: Amit Bhatia, Nicole Truog (Assistant Dean), Selvamani Jagannathan, Urban Wemmerlöv (Executive Director), Liz Christenbury
The Class of 2016 successfully completed its 1st year at the Wisconsin School of Business. All students proved to be above average at their respective internships. They worked at companies such as Intuit (Amit Bhatia, Product Manager Intern, San Diego, CA & Aashish Khanna, Product Manager Intern, San Diego, CA), Lands' End ( Jane Allen, Marketing Intern, Dodgeville, WI), Amazon (Ridhima Choubey, Senior Program Manager Intern, Seattle, WA), North American Bancard (Selvamani Jagannathan, Executive Intern, Troy, MI), University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center (Liz Christenbury, Informatics & Analytics Intern, Madison, WI), Hewlett Packard (Kevin Kaye, Global Sales Operations Intern, Houston, TX), and One Consulting Service (Siddarth Seshadri, Consultant, Hong Kong, China).