Letter from the Director
Share This Page
By Kristin Branch
On, Wisconsin Badgers & friends of the Badger!
Hello to our friends, alumni and External Advisory Board members
The flowers are in bloom and the weather is starting to get warmer which means another school year is about to wrap up. Graduation seems to be here before we know it - and probably even more so for our graduating class! We had a great year here on campus highlighted with great corporate demand in our students including several new employers, a sizable incoming class of 13 and a spring break trip to Seattle to visit technology, retail and a variety of firms and alumni we don't get to see too often.
- We have nine students graduating in the Class of 2016. Hiring companies include Amazon, Cambell's, Clorox, Eli Lilly, PepsiCo, Qualtrics, SC Johnson, Walmart and one student heading to Temple University for his PhD studies.
- Our 14 first year students had incredible internship opportunities this year. Hiring companies include Cuna Mutual Group, ebay, General Mills, Kimberly Clark, Mattel, PepsiCo, SC Johnson, Starbucks, Walmart, Whitewave Foods, and Wrigley.
- We have 12 students committed to join us for the Class of 2018 with admissions still continuing. We are looking forward to having them join us on campus this August.
- Two students and I attended The Market Research Event in November in Florida. It was fantastic as we connected with many alumni, EAB members and industry friends all around. I am planning on attending the next TMRE (and presenting!) in October so let us know if you will be there too.
- Over spring break, 12 students and I went to Seattle. We lined up an incredible list of companies to visit: Amazon, Expedia, REI, Microsoft, TMobile, Starbucks and to round it out - the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. We were able to get these great visits through our network of alumni, EAB and friends of the Center. A big thank you for everyone involved. It was a fantastic learning experience for the students and me!
Have a great summer and we hope to see you in the spring of 2017 for our next Summit on April 27th-28th, 2017! Keep an eye on your email for more speaker and registration information as it is available.
Thank you for keeping an eye on the A.C. Nielsen Center and UW - we appreciate it.