Letter from the Director
Share This Page
by Kristin Branch
Greetings from Wisconsin!
Hello alumni and friends. I hope this newsletter finds you well and perhaps you can take a moment to hear what we have been up to here at the A.C. Nielsen Center. Another school year has come to a close and it was a year of great highlights – the Summit, field trips to San Francisco, Cincinnati and Minneapolis and lots of learning in-between.
- The Class of 2015 graduated on Saturday, May 16th and are off to great new adventures. Hiring companies include The Clorox Company, Dish Networks, General Mills, PepsiCo, Prophet, Walmart. One of our students decided to pursue his PhD and a few other students are still considering post-MBA options. If you know of companies looking to hire bright MBA students, please let us know.
- Our Class of 2016 will all start their summer internships soon. Hiring companies include Eli Lilly, General Mills, Orbitz, PepsiCo, S.C. Johnson, Walmart, and Wrigley.
- We are expecting one of the largest incoming group of students for the Class of 2017, which is very exciting. Admissions has not yet closed so we are not ready to share the final number but I can tell you already it is a wonderful mix of backgrounds and interests –they will be a delight to teach!
- We welcomed back a record number of alumni for the Summit April 24 & 25 with over 70 in attendance! The External Advisory Board meeting on Thursday was open to any alum and the dinner Thursday night held a wonderful tribute to Professor Gil Churchill, Janet Christopher and Bob Drane as we celebrated 2015 as the 25th year of the A.C. Nielsen Center. Friday’s Summit was a great day of learning and connecting. It was great to see so many of you – thanks for attending. You can learn more about the Summit in this newsletter.
- The Summit also means the transitions of our Alumni Representatives. A big thank you to Karen Ba, Class of 1997 and Kyle Nel, Class of 2010 for their involvement over the past two and a half years and welcome to Cherie Leonard, Class of 2012 and David Shepherd, Class of 2011 for accepting their nominations as the incoming Alumni Reps. It will be great to work with you both!
Thank you to all of the alumni, External Advisory Board members and industry friends who contributed to such a strong year of learning experiences for the A.C. Nielsen Center – we couldn’t do this without your time and financial support. We’re starting to plan the next academic year so if you want to join in the fun, please contact me.
Keep in touch and On, Wisconsin!