Upcoming Career Events:
Spring Career and Internship Fair
Thursday, February 11, 2016 4-8PM
601 W Dayton Street
Madison, WI 53703
Company participants will be posted on BuckyNet prior to the event.
How to Make the Most of the Career and Internship Fair
Before the Career Fair
- Read our Career Fair Guide, full of tips and tricks
- Research the companies participating in the Career Fair. Students registered on BuckyNet can view organization profiles and employment information by clicking on the Quick Link to the fair on their BuckyNet home page. Students can search through the employers attending the Career Fair within the fair database in BuckyNet.
- Prepare talking points to introduce yourself, demonstrate that you know something about the company, express why you’re interested in working for them and how your skills relate to what the company needs.
- Be prepared with questions to ask employers. Practice out loud!
- Know the general types of positions in which you have an interest and where you want to go with your career.
- Have a resume that’s digestible in one minute’s reading by busy employers. Bring enough copies!
- Be organized! Prepare a list of employers you want to visit during the fair.
During the Career Fair
- Business Professional attire is suggested. You don’t have to wear a suit, but do look professional.
- Make eye contact when introducing yourself to employers. Shake hands firmly and pay close attention to what the representative is saying.
- Ask questions about the company and current employment opportunities.
- Be enthusiastic! Smile and project interest in the company.
- Ask representatives for their business cards.
- Ask how you should best follow up, and who the contact person is.
- Make notes as you leave each company you’re interested in. You want to be prepared if you have further contact with a company representative.
After the Career Fair
- Send a letter to employer representatives of particular interest to you. In your note, you can briefly describe an additional strength of yours that you didn’t get to mention at the fair and restate your interest in interviewing with them.
- Be prepared to interview with organizations of interest after the fair. Several organizations will conduct interviews in the BBA Interview Center the day after the fair, however, most of the participating organizations interview at the BBA Interview Center later in the fall semester.
- Reminder: To participate in the On-Campus Interviewing Program, you must be registered! If you haven’t already registered, stop by 3290 Grainger Hall.
See myBiz Calendar of Events
for upcoming Employer Information Sessions.
A guide to professional success from your advisors. Space is limited. Please read event descriptions and pre-register on BuckyNet under the Events tab!
*No pre-registration is required to attend the Career Fairs or campus-wide events
These events can be used to fulfill a Career Development requirement for direct admit and sophomore students. They are not a fulfillment option for the Leadership & Engaged Citizenship requirement.
- Thursday, February 4 | 5:30 - 6:30pm | Making the Most of the Career Fair | Grainger TIGH
- Thursday, February 4 | 6:30 - 7:00pm | Career Fair Q&A for International Students| Grainger TIGH
- February 8-10 | Various | BBA Employer Mock Interviews | Grainger 3290-Interview Suites
- Tuesday, February 9 | 5:30 - 6:30pm | Early Career Fair Prep & Direction | Grainger TIGH
- Thursday, February 11 | 11:30am - 1:30pm | Badger Business Networking Event | Grainger TIGH
- Thursday, February 11 | 4:00 - 8:00pm | Spring Career & Internship Fair | Kohl Center
- Monday, February 15 | 5:30 - 7:00pm | Internshipalooza | Ogg Hall *Campus-wide event
- Monday, February 15 | 6:30 - 8:30pm| Wisconsin Real Estate Career Fair | Union South
- Wednesday, February 17 | 5:30 - 6:30pm | Crafting Better Cover Letters | Grainger TIGH
- Friday, February 19 | Various | MockingDay Mock Interviews | Grainger 3290-Interview Suites
- Tuesday, March 1 | 5:30 - 7:00pm | Breaking into the Biz: Arts, Entertainment & Sports| Grainger TIGH
- Wednesday, March 2 | 4:30 - 5:30pm | Thinking about a MBA? Info for BBA Students! | Grainger TIGH
- Thursday, March 3 | 5:30 - 6:30pm | How to Win at LinkedIn | Grainger TIGH
- Thursday, March 10 | 3:00 - 4:30pm | Personality at Work: MBTI Workshop | Grainger TIGH
- Tuesday, March 15 | 4:00 - 5:00pm | Sophomore Summer Success & Prep for Junior Year | Grainger TIGH
- Wednesday, March 16| 5:00 - 6:00pm | Success at Your Summer Internship | Grainger TIGH
- Tuesday, March 29 | 6:00 - 7:00pm | Informational Interviewing & Networking for International Students | Masley Media Room, Red Gym
Consult go.wisc.edu/bbacalendar or TIGH for latest room information.