Lot 7 beneath Grainger Hall is a "pay upon exit" garage lot owned and operated by UW Transportation Services.
Visitors should take a ticket from the automated gate upon entering and pay: at the gate, Cashier inside the P1 central elevator lobby or at kiosks located throughout the parking garage.
Check real-time availability for Lot 7 and other nearby campus lots.
Transportation Services Special Events occasionally manages Lot 7 during athletic games and other campus events. Please refer to their Events Calendar and check to see if Lot 7 is impacted. If so, Transportation Services will accept cash payments on the day of the event (permits range from $5 to $15).
Prices and Times
Daytime Parking Rates
- 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- $1 per 30 minutes for the first 2 hours
- $1 per hour thereafter
- $12 maximum per day
Evening Parking Rates
- 4:30 p.m. - 12:00 midnight
- $1 per hour
- $5 maximum per evening
Advance Permits (two weeks minimum)
A limited number of advance permits for events may be available through Event Services on a first-come, first-served basis to the group wishing to provide parking for their guests. Permits through Event Services are intended for those attending events in Grainger Hall.
Policies and Eligibility
- There are no in/out privileges in Lot 7.
- Disabled parking stalls are available in Lot 7. If you have a State of Wisconsin or University of Wisconsin disabled permit, please proceed to a designated disabled stall and display your placard.
- University of Wisconsin employees (including part-time employees) are not eligible for advance permits in Lot 7. Permits through Event Services are intended for those attending events in Grainger Hall. Please see the UW Accounting Services policy for more information, or contact UW Transportation Services for parking alternatives.
- Advanced permits for events should be requested through the organizing group with payment information.
- Individuals needing advanced permits should contact UW Transportation Services for advanced visitor parking.