Share This Page
Lot 7 beneath Grainger Hall is a "pay upon exit" garage lot owned and operated by UW Transportation Services.
Visitors should take a ticket from the automated gate upon entering and pay: at the gate, Cashier inside the P1 central elevator lobby or at kiosks located throughout the parking garage.
Check real-time availability for Lot 7 and other nearby campus lots.
View hourly rates for Lot 7.
Transportation Services Special Events occasionally manages Lot 7 during athletic games and other campus events. Please refer to their Events Calendar and check to see if Lot 7 is impacted.
Advance Permits for Events in Grainger Hall
A limited number of advance permits are available through Facilities & Event Services on a first-come, first-served basis for groups wishing to provide parking for their guests. Advanced Permits are intended for those attending events in Grainger Hall, and must be requested at least two weeks in advance of the reservation date.
Advance permit Policies and Elgibility
- Requests for Advanced Permits must be requested at least two weeks in advance through Facilities & Event Services.
- Only full day permits with no in/out privileges are available in Lot 7.
- University of Wisconsin employees (including part-time employees) are not eligible for advance permits in Lot 7. Permits through Event Services are intended for those attending events in Grainger Hall. Please see the UW Accounting Services policy for more information, or contact UW Transportation Services for parking alternatives.
- Advanced permits for events should be requested through the organizing group with payment information.
- External guests and individuals wishing to request advanced permits should contact UW Transportation Services to obtain a permit (note: a minimum of two weeks is required for advance permits through UW Transportation Services).
- Disabled parking stalls are available in Lot 7. If you have a State of Wisconsin or University of Wisconsin disabled permit, please proceed to a designated disabled stall and display your placard.