The G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition is an exciting opportunity for students to develop and present business plans for new and emerging ventures! Learn more in the 2014 competition brochure!
Where to get started? Students are invited to participate in the new WARF Entrepreneurons seminar series featuring national thought leaders and accomplished entrepreneurs that will help them to deepen their knowledge, sharpen their skills, and prepare for the competition! This series features prominent leaders from around the country and Madison who will address key topics entrepreneurs and innovators must address when considering how to develop and deliver new technologies or solutions to market in start-up situations. Topics will range from building a start-up team and refining a business model to early stage financing and more. Students who attend these events will receive announcements about important Burrill Competition events and deadlines. For a complete list of topics and speakers, please visit WARF Entrepreneurons.
- Thinking about entering the contest? Read the eligibility requirements.
- Want to compete but don't have an idea? Participate in campus events to generate ideas, find teammates and more! Follow us on Facebook to learn more about valuable activities organized by student organizations, Madison-are entrepreneurial groups, and others.
- Find resources you’ll need to compete more effectively, including handouts, recorded videos, and useful links to for doing market research, patenting, and more.
- Win a share of up to $27,250 in cash awards!
- Register for the contest by submitting a 2 page "mini-plan" before 12:00 pm on Friday, February 28, 2014.
Ways to Get Involved
- Judge student entries in the competition.
- Provide in-kind and financial support for the event and winners.
- Volunteer as a mentor for student ventures.
- Students: enter as a competitor or volunteer with the Burrill Competition.
If you are interested in contributing your time or talent to the G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition or have other questions about the event, please contact us for more information.