As an MBA student specializing in Marketing Research, you will take our current topics seminar each semester during your two years in the program. The goal of the Current Topics Seminar is to expose students to marketing research practitioner issues not addressed within other courses. This includes hands-on application of marketing research tools and techniques as well as training on research related leadership, consulting and presentation skills. This course provides three platforms from which to learn and apply these marketing research issues:
Real Business Situations
- Learn from actual industry professionals and their actual business situations
- MR applications of consulting skills: Practice research in the context of management, cross functional teams and marketing research providers
- Leadership topics: Learn from other researchers successes and failures
- Exposure to the latest approaches to research design, analysis, and applications
- Industry exposure: Meet the people and hear the issues in critical industries that provide and apply marketing research
Past seminar activities consist of site visits to various companies including Amway, General Mills, GfK Custom Research, Kraft, and Procter & Gamble as well as guest speakers such as Ann Dencker of Heibing, Barry Jennings of Dell, Jay Luttrell of Growth*Speed Partners, and Karin Peterson of Kimberly-Clark among others.
Check out what is coming up in Current Topics.