The G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition is an exciting opportunity for students to develop and present business plans for new and emerging ventures! Students compete for more than $50,000 in cash awards and services. Learn more in the 2014 competition brochure!
New prizes announced! In addition to the regular prize money, the AARP Foundation and the Wisconsin Center for Education Products and Services are offering additional prizes. More info here.
Gaining entrepreneurial insights! Students are invited to participate in the new WARF Entrepreneurons seminar series featuring national thought leaders and accomplished entrepreneurs that will help them to deepen their knowledge, sharpen their skills, and prepare for the competition!
- Thinking about entering the contest? Review the eligibility requirements.
- Want to compete but don't have an idea? Participate in campus events to generate ideas, find teammates and more! Follow us on Facebook to learn more about valuable activities organized by student organizations, Madison-are entrepreneurial groups, and others.
- Find resources you’ll need to compete more effectively, including handouts, recorded videos, and useful links to for doing market research, patenting, and more.
Registration has now closed. The registration window for the 2014 competition has closed. Entrants, however, may continue to login and manage their submissions and access reviewer feedback on the competition's PitchBurner website.
>>> Attention Registered Students
To submit electronic materials such as your final business plan, video files or narrated slides of your draft presentation, final Powerpoint slides or related materials, please:
- Log on to PitchBurner
- Select "Submission"
- Add files as "Attachments"
Ways to Get Involved
- Judge student entries in the competition.
- Provide in-kind and financial support for the event and winners.
- Volunteer as a mentor for student ventures.
- Students: enter as a competitor or volunteer with the Burrill Competition.
If you are interested in contributing your time or talent to the G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition or have other questions about the event, please contact us for more information.