The Wisconsin MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) produces leaders who are equipped with the necessary skills to change tomorrow. Our curriculum combines deep expertise in human resources with the knowledge required to be a strategic business partner. Many of the functional areas of HR and core competencies are covered through academic courses and program activities outside the classroom. The combination of core MBA learning, specialized courses, applied learning opportunities and human resources internships sets the Wisconsin MBA apart from its competitors. We build strategic HR business partners like no one else can!
The Wisconsin Advantage
- Excellent career outcomes, with 100% placement for internships and full-time employment. Recruiters hire our students year after year because they know we produce high-quality, talented graduates that will help them take HR initiatives to the next level.
- Specialization courses teach students the fundamentals of business leadership while linking business operational goals to human capital decisions.
- Earn professional designations more quickly: eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP credentialing exam, regardless of prior work experience (typically 1-2 years).
- Small class sizes allow students individual attention both in the classroom and for career development.
- Career advisors work one-on-one with students to ensure they find the best job placement for their skills and career goals.
- Global opportunities provide essential exposure to the real world of business today. SHRM students often attend the annual program-wide international trip. The Winter 2015-2016 trip will be to Chile and offers 3 elective credits.
- Distinguished faculty, who are active in innovative research and create the knowledge used to teach our students and drive industry.