The risk management and insurance program has a long tradition of innovation and excellence, opening its doors more than 70 years ago, and consistently ranks in the top handful of programs in the country. Students who graduate from our risk management and insurance program, do so with exceptionally strong critical thinking and analytical skills, aided by a vast array of experiences interacting with business professionals in risk management consulting, finance, and operations.
The Wisconsin Advantage
- Excellent career outcomes for both internships and full-time jobs.
- Specialization courses teach students the fundamentals of business leadership while building knowledge of managing organizational risk. Focus is given to the insurance industry, yet enterprise-wide risk management is also explored.
- Applied learning projects allow students to work with professionals at top companies, including: Towers-Watson, Liberty Mutual, Marsh, Aon, CUNA Mutual Group, Lloyd's of London, AIG, American Family, and United Airlines.
- Small class sizes allow students individual attention both in the classroom and for career development.
- Career advisors work one-on-one with students to ensure they find the best job placement for their skills and career goals.
- Global opportunities, provide essential exposure to the real world of business today. RMI students have the option to attend the annual program-wide international trip. The Winter 2015-2016 trip will be to Chile and offers 3 elective credits.
- Distinguished faculty, who are active in innovative research and create the knowledge for our students and industry.