The MBA in Risk Management and Insurance combines a strong core curriculum in fundamental business disciplines with expertise in managing organizational risk. Focus is given to the insurance industry, yet with an eye towards enterprise-wide risk management.
Students who graduate from our risk management and insurance program, do so with exceptionally strong critical thinking and analytical skills, aided by a vast array of experiences interacting with business professionals in risk management consulting, finance, and operations. Our program incorporates applied learning projects with professionals from Towers-Watson, Liberty Mutual, Marsh, Aon, CUNA Mutual Group, Lloyd’s of London, AIG, American Family, United Airlines, and a wide array of alumni found across the world.
The risk management and insurance program has a long tradition of innovation and excellence, opening its doors more than 70 years ago, and consistently ranking in the top handful of programs in the country (most recently #3 by U.S. News and World Report). Our alumni have gone on to be insurance company CEOs and CFOs, leading brokers in the industry, and vice presidents of risk management within corporations. Recent graduates have joined leadership development programs, insurer corporate strategy units, investment banking in the insurance industry, brokers, and risk management programs at large and small organizations. At more than 2500 strong, our alumni base (both MBA and undergraduate) welcomes new members to the club wherever they might land.
Why specialize in Risk Management & Insurance?
- Excellent placement rate for internships and full-time jobs
- Small class sizes for individual attention and support
- Core and specialization courses are required, giving students an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of business leadership while diving deeper into topics most important to the risk management & insurance industry
- Individual career preparation and support services
- Connect with our strong alumni network of industry leaders and innovators