The Real Estate Club is one of the largest student-run organizations on campus. Open to all UW-Madison graduate and undergraduate students, the club meets several times per semester to learn from a variety of guests. Speakers cover a wide range of topics including the real estate markets, development, REITs, green building, and industry trends.
In addition, the club organizes two national trips per year, usually in association with and sponsored by the Wisconsin Real Estate Alumni Association (WREAA). The study trips include tours of various real estate projects, presentations by real estate firms, and receptions with local alumni. Finally, the club assists members in obtaining internship and permanent positions through a resume book, job postings, and an annual real estate club career fair. Email the club presidents to join the mailing list for information about upcoming events.
Conor McCahill (MBA 2014) firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Van Someren (MBA 2014) email@example.com
Read more about past real estate club study trips:
Other activities include:
The Real Estate Club also presents its Innovator Award each semester to recognize outstanding individuals who have made a creative mark on the real estate industry. Recipients of the award include:
- Nicholas Billotti, Chief Executive Officer, Turner International
- Laurence Geller, President and CEO, Strategic Hotels and Resorts
- David Brain, President and CEO, Entertainment Properties Trust
- Hersch Klaff, Managing Director, Klaff Realty
- Michael Ashner, Chairman and CEO, Winthrop Realty Trust
- Doug Frye, President and Chief Executive Officer, Colliers International
- Gary Beban, Senior Executive Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis Inc.
- Jay Shidler, Founder and Managing Partner, The Shidler Group
The executive leadership of the real estate club transitions every semester. There are many opportunities to get involved with the real estate club. For information, please visit the UW Real Estate Club homepage.
Club dues: $100 for the year or $60 for the semester.