Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Wisconsin Real Estate Viewpoint Blog
This week marks the kick-off of orientation activities for the incoming Class of 2013 MBA students in Real Estate and other specializations at the Wisconsin School of Business
. We call this orientation period The Wisconsin MBA Experience
The official beginning of a student’s career as a Wisconsin MBA student is the Wisconsin MBA Experience, an interactive pre-MBA program that takes place prior to the start of formal classes. Over the nine-day experience, students are introduced to the facilities, resources and technology available at the Wisconsin School of Business. They also get to know faculty advisors and fellow classmates, including those in the respective career specialization. Students gain a clear view of the expectations and demands of the Wisconsin MBA program, as well as its policies and procedures.
The 2011 Wisconsin MBA Experience is scheduled for August 17 – August 25 and is mandatory. Classes begin on Friday, September 2, 2011.
Scheduled activities for the 2011 Wisconsin MBA Experience include:
• Overview of MBA Career Development
• Resume Review and Guidance
• Employer Panel Discussion
• Team-building activities led by Facilitator [including the Badger Dash scavenger hunt for Real Estate students--more on that to come!]
• Student, Faculty and Staff Dinner
• Case Study Analysis and Presentation Review
• Seminars on Leadership, Communication, Strategy
• Math and Excel Review sessions
Enrollment and Advising
• Academic Program Advising
• Payroll and Benefits Review (Merit- Based Aid Recipients)
Click here for more information on the 2011 Wisconsin MBA Experience
Click here to past stories
on this blog about student orientation activities.
And welcome back to the Class of 2012!