The University of Wisconsin-Madison Executive MBA program is for leaders with significant business and professional experience who have the potential for continued career growth. The program attracts a diverse group of participants: engineers, bankers, attorneys, physicians, and scientists, in addition to executives from more traditional business functions.
At least eight years of professional work experience in business with a minimum of five years of management responsibilities is required for admission to the program, in addition to the following:
- Excellence in professional endeavors and high potential for future advancement.
- Ability and desire to perform successfully in a rigorous academic environment.
- Willingness to participate in high-intensity, interactive classes and to devote a fair share to study team meetings, as well as to a program of individual study.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Maturity and motivation to make a two-year commitment.
- Work release from employer for class hours that run concurrently with work hours.
Admissions cycles close on the first of each month. All applications that are complete on the first will be reviewed and a decision will be posted within six weeks of the first. We will continue to review applications until the class is full.
Merit Scholarships Are Available For Fall 2014
Scholarships are awarded on the merit of the application at the time of admission. All applications will be considered for merit scholarships as long as funds are available. Scholarships will cover 25% of instructional tuition and fees over the two years of the program.
In order for an application to be complete, all of the following must be submitted:
- Online application
- Two recommendation forms
- Employer authorization form
- Original transcripts from all institutions of higher learning (not just the institution from which the applicant received a degree)
- Current résumé
- $56.00 application fee
- Admission interview
More details about requirements can be found on the application checklist page.