The G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition is an exciting opportunity for students to develop and present business plans for new and emerging ventures! Students compete for more than $50,000 in cash awards and services.
Gaining entrepreneurial insights! Students are invited to participate in the new WARF Entrepreneurons seminar series featuring national thought leaders and accomplished entrepreneurs that will help them to deepen their knowledge, sharpen their skills, and prepare for the competition!
A record number of teams and students will compete for a record number of prizes on Friday, May 1, 2015 in the 18th annual Burrill Business Plan Competition!
- The AARP Foundation Prize: AARP Foundation is working with struggling individuals age 50 and above by being a force for change on the most serious issues they face today: hunger, housing, income and isolation. Student ventures addressing these needs are eligible for this special prize worth $5,000!
- The Wisconsin Center for Education Products and Services: The Wisconsin Center for Education Products and Services (WCEPS) Education Prize of $3,000 will go to the best plan for a business that serves the education sector. The winning business plan will describe a product or service that teaches or facilitates the teaching of useful skills to students of any age. For more information about this prize, please contact WCEPS.
- Spaces and Places for the Market-Ready: University Research Park and the Student Business Incubator will provide in-kind services to select, top-finishing teams
- Perkins Coie LLP will award "Innovative Minds" prizes to finalists – more than $10,000 in additional cash prizes!
Students from 50 majors across campus will present a variety of venture ideas.
Ways to Get Involved
- Judge student entries in the competition.
- Provide in-kind and financial support for the event and winners.
- Volunteer as a mentor for student ventures.
- Students: enter as a competitor or volunteer with the Burrill Competition.
If you are interested in contributing your time or talent to the G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition or have other questions about the event, please contact us for more information.