The G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition is an exciting opportunity for students to develop and present business plans for new ventures. Students may take advantage of nearly one dozen workshops, seminars, and skill-building sessions in the months leading up to the contest, each led by top faculty or Wisconsin business leaders who can help them to cultivate their ideas and prepare for the competition day.
Competition Results: Congratulations to all of our entrants in this year's competition on May 3, 2013! This was the second largest field of competitors ever...and certainly one of the toughest events ever!
Runners-up and special prizes: Cholenova Technolgies, Coachable, JouleJack, Tryzella, and Checkmate.
Top prize winners: Cbay (AARP Foundation Prize, $5,000); Chefs for Seniors (4th place, $1,000); Fetch and Re (two-way tie for 2nd place, $5,500 each); and 3in1 Holders (1st place, $10,000).
- For more information about the Burrill Competition or opportunities to become involved with the program, please email the competition director, John Surdyk, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thinking of entering the contest? Read the eligibility requirements and rules of the competition.
- Competitors: find resources you’ll need to compete.
- Win a share of up to $27,250 in cash awards!
- Registration for the 2014 event will begin in the fall semester.
Ways to Get Involved
- Judge student entries in the competition
- Offer to lead seminars on relevant start-up topics throughout the year
- Provide in-kind and financial support for the event and winners
- Volunteer time as mentors for student ventures that take their next steps on an ad-hoc basis
- Students: enter as a competitor or help support the Burrill Competition
If you are interested in contributing your time or talent to the G. Steven Burrill Business Plan Competition, please contact us for more information.