Program Eligibility Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree from an approved (accredited) institution. International applicants must have a degree comparable to an approved U.S. bachelor’s degree. Certified copies of transcripts from the institution where the degree was conferred, as well as copies of transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended, are required in English. Certified copies of transcripts may vary by country.
The student must have completed 14 credits of graduate level study, including study of all the required topics and any of the elective topics as necessary to reach the minimum 14 credits from a foreign university recognized as a leader within their national university system and having enrollment criteria comparable to the Wisconsin School of Business full-time MBA program. Your transcripts will be reviewed at application to ensure you meet this requirement.
- Financial Accounting (comparable to AIS 700)
- Economics for Managers (comparable to OTM 732, or separate coursework in microeconomics and macroeconomics)
- Finance or Financial Management (comparable to FIN 700)
- Real Estate Finance and/or Investment Analysis (comparable to RE 710)
- Corporate Finance
- International Business
- International Management
- Leading and Working in Teams (Comparable to MHR 765, a 1st year MBA requirement)
- Marketing Management (comparable to MKT 700)
- International Real Estate (comparable to RE 765 offered to 1st year MBAs)
- Business Strategy (comparable to MHR 723)
- Operations Management (comparable to OTM 700)
- Approved General Electives in the MBA program, or their equivalent
Required Admissions Testing
TOEFL or IELTS
A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for applicants whose native language is not English. The minimum TOEFL score required is 100. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) will also be accepted. Scores for IELTS should range in the 6.5-7.5 area.
GMAT or GRE
A Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score taken within five years of the term for which you are applying is also required.
If you need to take the test as part of your application, please direct the testing service to forward your test results to the University of Wisconsin-Madison (institution code: 79K-2S-72). The GRE will also be accepted. Please direct the testing service to forward your test results to the University of Wisconsin-Madison (institution code: 1846).
In addition to the items previously mentioned, the following will also be required as part of your application package. You should have these already prepared and ready to be uploaded as part of your application package.
- A one-page resume outlining academic/personal/professional achievements and business experience. There is no minimum/maximum work requirement.
- You will receive an essay prompt based on the career specialization that is selected. Along with transcripts, test scores, these essays will be a critical part of evaluating you as a candidate for admission.
- General Essay: Explain why you are interested in pursuing your Global Real Estate Master at this point in your life. Specifically, explain how your chosen career specialization aligns with your short-term and long-term career goals.
- The application fee is $81 USD for the full-time program. Payment by credit card only is available through the online application system. Admissions decisions will not be communicated to the applicant until the application fee has been received.
- References are not required, but are welcome.
In summary, your completed application will include the following:
- Evidence that you meet the prerequisite coursework
- Evidence of your completed bachelor’s degree
- A completed online application form and payment of the application fee
- Your personal essay responding to the application question
- Evidence of Standardized Test Scores (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS)
- All official transcripts, validating completion of a four-year degree or equivalent (in English)
- A current, sequential resume of educational and professional accomplishments
- A completed online application form and payment of the application fee.
A fully completed application is required in order to be considered for admission into the program.