This series is designed for people who are eager to start or strengthen their food business. Whether it’s a restaurant, bakery, food cart, cafe or coffee house you’re dreaming of, this 4 week series will help you increase your chances of being successful and profitable. Guest speakers from the Madison restaurant community will share their experience.
- Let’s talk about Money
- What Will We Serve and What Will We Charge?
- Rules, Regulations and Licenses
- Location, Location, Location
- Employees: We Can’t Do It without Them
Cheri Schweitzer is the President and founder of Credible Restaurant Consulting, a Midwest restaurant consultancy firm that helps restaurants improve operations and increase profits, customers and food safety. Cheri has been in the restaurant industry for over 29 years. She is a former public health inspector and now Wisconsin’s only private health inspector. She also writes and advises on HACCP plans and food related regulatory documentation, teaches food safety and restaurant operations and performs secret dining assessments. Cheri’s favorite part of her job is coaching her clients to business success.
• Let’s Get Acquainted
• What is Your Concept?
• Why Do You Want To Do This?
Business Models-Where to Start
• Purchase existing business or Start from scratch
• Sole proprietor or partnership
• Advantages and Disadvantages
• Tolerance for chaos
• Strengths and Weaknesses
• How Do I Do It?
Start Up Financing: This May Drive Your Concept
• Conventional loan, line of credit, & alternatives
City and State regulations
• Licenses and Permits and Certification
• Health Department inspections
• Hiring, training & firing
• Wages and benefits
• Interviewing skills
Understanding your lease