A critical tool for project management effectiveness
While this course is not required to complete the Masters Certificate in Project Management, we strongly recommend that participants understand how to use this software. MS Project is an invaluable tool on the job and will be used extensively throughout our courses, especially in a simulated project during the Project Management Capstone course.
This is not your traditional “point and click” training. We will teach you how to apply MS Project to plan an actual project, show you how to make effective presentations to project stakeholders, and help you prepare multiple solutions to produce a project’s deliverables.
Learn how to:
- Create a project plan and project calendar
- Create a work breakdown structure (WBS) and set task relationships
- Develop time-based estimates for resources
- Develop a project schedule, then analyze and optimize it
- Assign project resources and adjust for resource contentions
- Finalize and review a project plan
- Update a project plan with actual data
- Set a baseline and track project performance
- Create reports for presentations to stakeholders
Please bring a laptop computer with Microsoft® Project 2010 loaded on it to the class. If you are not able to bring a computer, please let us prior to your arrival.
Course Bonus! All students will receive a copy of MS Project Lesson Workbook, an invaluable reference tool to help you apply course content back at your job.