The Leadership Certificate identifies the students who have taken the extra step as leaders at this University. The Certificate allows you to develop the skills and gain the experience necessary to grow into an effective leader both inside and outside of the School of Business. By declaring the Certificate, you will document your leadership experience and highlight it in a way that will appeal to employers.
To receive the Certificate, participation in the following are required:
- "Declaration" meeting with an ALC staff member at least 1 semester prior to completing certificate
- Attend LeaderShape Institute
- Complete MHR 365: Leadership Development, receiving a grade of B or higher
- Participate in at least 40 hours of Community Service/Civic Engagement
- Participate in four ALC leadership development workshops (or two workshops & the ALC Case Competition)
- Complete 20 hours of Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Complete assessment of self-growth as a leader via the Capstone Paper and Presentation
For more information about the Leadership Certificate, please email email@example.com or visit the ALC, located in 1250G Grainger.