Thursday, September 22, 2011
Junior accounting students who plan to apply for the IMAcc program this winter should make sure to mark their calendars for the following events!
Additional tips for students considering the IMAcc program:
- Knowing whether or not the IMAcc program is the right path for you starts with knowing youself, what you want out of your career and exploring the accounting career options. The events listed above will certainly help with that, but students can also check out the Vault Guide to Accounting, which is linked from the BuckyNet homepage, to find out more about accounting careers in public accounting, corporate accounting, and government.
- Join IMA or Beta Alpha Psi to network with your peers, employers and learn more about the accounting industry
- Practice your interviewing skills. As an IMAcc applicant, you'll need to interview for admission into the program. As an IMAcc student in the program, you will be doing lots of interviewing for internship positions. Check out the interviewing tips on the BCC website or attend the 2 BCC interviewing workshops this semester on Monday, September 26 or Tuesday, October 25.
- Much of the IMAcc internship recruiting process is about networking with the internship employers. Start practicing your networking skills now. Attend the BCC "Networking Your Way to Career Success" workshop on Tuesday, October 11 at 5:00.
- International students: If English is your second language, be sure that you are doing all that can to build your conversational English speaking skills. Check out these resources to practice.
If you have questions about accounting career paths, IMAcc internship recruiting or career paths or other career-related concerns, contact the Business Career Center
. Kelly Cuene is the advisor that works with accounting students.
If you have questions about your BBA coursework, accounting courses or fitting in all the coursework you need before beginning your IMAcc fifth year, contact Undergraduate Academic Services. Katie Coon is the advisor that speacializes in accounting.
If you have questions about the IMAcc application process, courses or IMAcc program requirements, contact Kristen Fuhremann in the accounting department.