Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Congratulations to the new business students who were admitted this semester! The start of your first semester in the business school can be overwhelming. Here's a quick list of things to check out this month:
- Establish your BuckyNet account. All newly admitted students should have received an email with log-in information and instructions to set up their account. New business students need to have their account activated by September 30. Contact the BCC if you don't have log-in information or if you have questions.
- Start considering career options. Attend the Career & Internship Fair on Thursday, September 15 from 4:30PM-8:00PM to network with employers and get a feel for the internship and full-time opportunities available. Check out the BCC's list of seminars and workshops, including the Sophomore Shadow Information Sessions.
- Get involved! The business Student Organization Fair will be held on Wednesday, September 14 in Grainger Hall. Connect with different business student organizations and find one (or more!) that fit your interests.
- Check-in with your academic advisor if you have questions about your courses or business school requirements.
- Interested in studying abroad? Start planning now! Be sure to check out the Business Study Abroad Fair on Tuesday, September 13 from 3:00-4:30 in the West Atrium of Grainger Hall.
- Attend a BCC Career Kickoff Session this semester to start learning how to build your resume, stand out in front of potential employers, and make the most of on-campus recruiting.
Congratulations again! We look forward to working with you!