Tuesday, August 23, 2011
School is just starting but employers will be on campus soon for the biggest career fair of the year. The Fall Career & Internship Fair will be Thursday, September 15 from 4:30-8:00 p.m. at the Kohl Center.
Make your best first impression at the fair and learn about great internship and full-time job opportunities:
- Attend the BCC's Making the Most of the Career & Internship workshop on Tuesday, September 13 from 4:30PM- 5:30PM (Presented by Kohl's Department Stores)
- Polish up your resume at BCC drop-in advising:
Tuesday, September 6-Wednesday, September 14 @ 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thurday, September 15 @ 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Be sure your BuckyNet account is updated and unblocked
- Research the companies attending the fair. A complete list of career fair participants can be found in BuckyNet. When you log in select "Fall Career and Internship 2011" from the Attend Events section on the right side of your homepage.
- Review the internship and job postings on BuckyNet and make note of the application deadlines. Many deadlines are approaching soon!
- Prepare your 20-second introduction. State your name, major and graduation date. Demonstrate that you know something about the company, express why you’re interested in working for them and how your skills relate to what you know about that company’s needs.
- Wear business professional clothing. A suit is best, but if you do not have one, wear you most professional, polished outfit.
Questions about the Fall Career and Internship Fair? Contact the BCC at 608.262.2550 or BCCenter@bus.wisc.edu.