Monday, March 21, 2011
The Center for Leadership and Involvement (CfLI) is a comprehensive student involvement and leadership center located in the Red Gym. As a department within the Division of Student Life at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, they help to cultivate and engage students through practical leadership skill development and involvement experiences. CfLI promotes involvement through student organizations, student employment, research and internship opportunities, volunteering and service learning, study abroad opportunities and intramurals and recreational sports. For more information about the office please visit http://www.cfli.wisc.edu.
As part of their marketing team, CfLI wants to give you the chance to develop your marketing skills in a student-friendly environment. The CfLI Marketing Team will work on short and long-term projects that will be developed throughout the year and implemented largely in the 2012-2013 academic year. They are committed to learning and will tailor the job to meet a person’s interests, abilities and experience.
- Work with 3-5 motivated students looking to gain marketing, public relations, or communications experience in areas such as print, web, and social media.
- Work with professional staff in an office setting to plan and assist with campus-wide events.
- Have the opportunity to work on independent projects and establish contacts with vendors and professionals in communications fields within the greater Madison area.
- Conceptualize marketing techniques to create student awareness of our services and evaluate feedback within a department of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Passion for marketing and advertising
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Creativity and an ability to work in teams
- Graphic Arts experience preferred
- Must be current UW-Madison student
Application Process, Hours and Salary:
- To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter that outlines your qualifications for this position to Vanessa Akem at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday April 11th at 5 p.m.
- An average of 10 hours a week is expected, 5 of which are office hours. Position is unpaid, however upon discussion with advisor can be done for credit.
- Available beginning September 2nd 2011 and assignment through May 2012 or longer, depending on performance.
- Upon hiring, 5 hour per week Summer 2011 office unpaid internship is also available