Wednesday, March 2, 2011
The Business Career Center is accepting applications for Employer Relations Assistants until March 28th. Employer Relations Assistants help BCC staff prepare for employer visits. Read on for details...
Employer Relations Assistants work as an extension of the Business Career Center (BCC) professional staff by assisting with on-campus recruiting activities and helping facilitate mutually beneficial relationships between students, alumni and the business community. In addition to developing collaborative partnerships with employers, the BCC provides comprehensive and innovative career services to undergraduate business students, prospective business students, Certificate in Business students, Master of Accountancy students, as well as Master of Science candidates in Actuarial Science and Quantitative Finance.
Employer Relations Assistant Responsibilities Include:
- Organize interview materials for employers visiting campus
- Assist with documenting critical last minute interview schedule changes
- Create name tags and door signs to recognize employers
- Edit on-campus interviewing details in BuckyNet
- Gather statistical and evaluative information from employers
- Assist with career fair preparation and follow-up
- Develop extensive knowledge of BCC resources and services
- Staff front desk and answer student and employer questions when needed
- Assist with office projects
- Other duties as assigned
- 10-15 hour time commitment per week
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of BuckyNet. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Punctuality, reliable attendance and flexibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive team environment
- Strong customer service orientation and professionalism when working with employers and students
- Highly motivated to learn about BCC services and resources
The position will being at the start of the fall 2011 semester, but selected candidates will be required to participate in paid training during the weeks of April 25th, May 2nd and August 29th.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Sarah Barber at email@example.com by no later than March 28th at 4:30 p.m. You may also see the job posting on BuckyNet
The BCC is also hiring Peer Advisors. Learn more!