Thursday, October 27, 2011
Attention all admitted sophomore business students! The deadline to apply for the Sophomore Shadow Program is Monday, October 31st.
Take advantage of the Sophomore Shadow Program and experience a company or industry by “shadowing” professionals through a day on the job. Companies such as General Mills, Deloitte, U.S. Bank, and Robert W. Baird & Company are among those participating this year. The program allows admitted students from the School of Business and School of Human Ecology to “shadow” professionals on the job for one day during winter break. Not only do students get to experience a “day in the life” of an employee at the company, but it is a great networking opportunity as well.
- Establish BuckyNet account (required)
- Begin reviewing job shadow opportunities
- Click on Jobs tab
- Click on “BuckyNet Jobs”
- Use search fields to find shadow opportunities
- Filter by Job Type (S=shadow)
- Apply for up to 15 shadow opportunities by submitting your resume
- Submit a Participation Agreement form to the BCC
Again, the deadline to apply on BuckyNet is October 31st
and the matches will be announced by the end of November. Take advantage of this great opportunity! For more information on the Sophomore Shadow Program, visit http://ww.bus.wisc.edu/career/student/exploring/jobshadow/default.asp