Thursday, January 13, 2011
School is just starting but employers will be on campus next week already for the biggest career fair of the semester. The Spring Career & Internship Fair will be Tuesday, January 25 from 4:30-8:00 p.m. at the Kohl Center.
Make your best first impression at the fair and learn about great internship and full-time job opportunities:
- Attend the BCC's Making the Most of the Career & Internship workshop on Monday, January 24 from 5:00- 6:00 p.m.
- Polish up your resume at BCC drop-in advising
Tuesday, January 18-Monday, January 24 @ 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 25 @ 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Research the companies attending the fair. A complete list of career fair participants can be found in BuckyNet. When you log in select "Spring Career and Internship 2011" from the Attend Events section on the right side of your homepage.
- Prepare your 20-second introduction. State your name, major and graduation date. Demonstrate that you know something about the company, express why you’re interested in working for them and how your skills relate to what you know about that company’s needs.
- Wear business professional clothing. A suit is best, but if you do not have one, wear you most professional, polished outfit.
Questions about the Spring Career and Internship Fair? Contact the BCC at 608.262.2550 or BCCenter@bus.wisc.edu.