Friday, September 3, 2010
There will be over 220 employers at this year's Fall Career and Internship Fair on Wednesday, September 15 at the Kohl Center. Attend the largest career fair of the semester to meet with employers and learn about their internship and full-time job opportunities.
Make your best first impression at the fair:
- Attend the BCC's Making the Most of the Career and Internship Fair workshop on Tuesday, September 14 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Polish up your resume at BCC drop-in advising (M-F 11:30-1:30, extended drop-in hours 10:00-5:00 9/9-9/14)
- Research the companies attending the fair. A complete list of career fair participants can be found in BuckyNet. When you log in select "Fall Career and Internship 2010" from the Quick Links on the right side of your homepage.
- Prepare your 20-second introduction. State your name, major and graduation date. Demonstrate that you know something about the company, express why you’re interested in working for them and how your skills relate to what you know about that company’s needs.
- Wear business professional clothing. A suit is best, but if you do not have one, wear you most professional, polished outfit.
Questions about the Fall Career and Internship Fair? Contact the BCC at 608.262.2550 or BCCenter@bus.wisc.edu.