Thursday, August 26, 2010
School is just starting but employers will be on campus soon to meet you at the Fall Career and Internship Fair! Mark your calendars...the event will be September 15, 2010 from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. at the Kohl Center. To make the most out of the career fair check out these tips... Attend Making the Most of the Career Fair workshop
- Polish up your resume at BCC drop-in advising (M-F 11:30-1:30 - starts 9/2/2010)
- Research the companies attending the fair. A complete list of career fair participants can be found in BuckyNet. When you log in select "Fall Career and Internship 2010" from the Quick Links on the right side of your homepage.
- Prepare your 20-second introduction. State your name, major and graduation date. Demonstrate that you know something about the company, express why you’re interested in working for them and how your skills relate to what you know about that company’s needs.
- Wear business professional clothing. A suit is best, but if you do not have one, wear you most professional, polished outfit.
- Send thank you notes to the employers you spoke with.
Check out the BCC website for more information about the Fall Career and Internship Fair