Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Admission Possible was named by Princeton Review as one of the Best Entry-Level Jobs offered by companies or organizations nationwide. Through their college access and success programming for low-income students, they offer AmeriCorps members an opportunity to change the world by taking on immediate responsibility, earn great professional experience, work alongside their passionate peers and have a lot of fun doing it!
Admission Possible will select more than 80 recent college graduates as AmeriCorps and VISTA members to start in the fall for full-time positions in Minnesota’s Twin Cities, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and potentially in a new expansion city. The Priority Application deadline is February 14, 2011 and the Final Application Deadline is March 7, 2011. For more details on the specific positions and deadlines, click here.
About Admission Possible
At Admission Possible, we believe that every student deserves access to higher education, regardless of their economic circumstances. A college education can end the cycle of poverty for a student and his or her family forever, while providing our communities the workforce required to compete in a global economy.
Admission Possible was founded on three fundamental beliefs:
- Many low-income high school students lack the resources to compete effectively for admission to colleges and universities.
- Colleges and universities are very interested in admitting students from low-income backgrounds, but have difficulty identifying and attracting them.
- In an increasingly diverse and global economy, the economic stability and competitiveness of the United States requires a highly educated workforce.
Admission Possible is dedicated to helping low-income high school students prepare for and earn admission to college by providing four critical services:
- ACT and SAT test preparation
- Intensive guidance in preparing college applications
- Financial aid assistance
- Resources for the transition to college